Patient Subject Matter Experts (PSMEs)
The IPRO ESRD Network Program works with committed and informed patients who advise and assist in promoting quality of care for their fellow patients. These patients serve as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and assist the network in developing patient-centered projects to enhance the development of our Network activities at the state and national levels.
To view upcoming events for patients, check out our Events calendar!
Roles of a Patient Subject Matter Expert (PSME)
Patient Subject Matter Experts are individuals (patient or caregiver) that have previously served a long-term PAC Facility Representative (PFR) in the PAC. PSMEs are individuals who are able to devote more time each month to be involved in planning quality improvement activities with the Network and other federal agencies participating in national conference calls. These individuals also represent the Network on National calls, CMS COR calls and facilitates resource development.
The roles of a PSME include:
- Participating in conference calls (National, State, and Local)
- Reviewing and developing educational materials
- Planning for educational events including webinars, meetings, and conference calls
- Evaluating project interventions
- Sharing ideas and concerns to enhance learning for all
- Participating and representing the Network in national and local events
Our next PSME meeting will take place on TBA!
- January 2021: Recording
- November 2020 PSME Presentation: Slides|Recording
- September 2020 PSME Presentation Slides
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us:
Danielle Andrews, MPH, MSW, GCPH
Community Outreach Coordinator
Main Line: 516-209-5549