Patient Subject Matter Experts (PSMEs)
The IPRO ESRD Network Program works with committed and informed patients who advise and assist in promoting quality of care for their fellow patients. These patients serve as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and assist the network in developing patient-centered projects to enhance the development of our Network activities at the state and national levels.
To view upcoming events for patients, check out our Events calendar!
Roles of a Patient Subject Matter Expert (PSME)
PSMEs are individuals who are able to devote more of their time to the Network to be involved in the planning of quality improvement activities and other state and federal agencies.
The roles of a PSME include:
- Participating in conference calls
- Reviewing and developing educational materials
- Planning for educational events including webinars, meetings, and conference calls
- Evaluating project interventions
- Sharing ideas and concerns to enhance learning for all
Our next PSME meeting will take place on Wednesday, January 27, 2021!