New ESRD Patient Orientation Packet (NEPOP)
Educational Materials for New ESRD Patients
Every new end-stage renal disease (ESRD) patient receives a mailing from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) with a Patient Orientation letter introducing them to the ESRD Network program and information on how to access New ESRD Patient Orientation materials online or request a hard copy mailing of the materials to help them understand and manage their plan of care. The New ESRD Patient Orientation Packet (NEPOP) materials are made available through a collaborative effort among CMS, the Networks, and the ESRD National Coordinating Center (NCC).
To learn more about NEPOP, please visit the ESRD NCC website at https://www.esrdncc.org/en/welcome/
Haga un clic aquí para ver recursos en Español
ESRD National Coordinating Center (NCC) NEPOP Resources:
- New ESRD Patient Cover Letter (English and Spanish)
- Medicare Coverage of Kidney Dialysis & Transplant Services: This CMS booklet explains the basics of Medicare, how Medicare helps pay for kidney dialysis and kidney transplants, and where to get help.
- Fistula First-Catheter Last: Hemodialysis (HD) cleans your blood through a fistula, graft, or catheter. If you have kidney failure, one of these will be your LIFELINE. This document outlines the differences between these three options so you can discuss which option is best for you with your doctor.
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities: As a person with kidney failure, you have certain rights and responsibilities. This document outlines those rights and responsibilities to help you know what to expect from your healthcare team, and what they can expect from you.
- American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP)-ESRD Information Card: The American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP) promotes education and encourages conversations that help improve the everyday lives of patients. This information card also features a nutritious kidney-friendly recipe.
- How to File a Grievance: As you learn to live with kidney failure, you may have to deal with problems along the way. This document outlines the best ways to deal with these concerns with your healthcare team, and how to pursue further assistance if needed
- Medicare's Coverage of Dialysis and Transplant Benefits-Getting Started: This document provides helpful information to help newly diagnosed end-stage renal disease (ESRD) patients get started with Medicare benefits.