Be Prepared. Be Safe.
In an Emergency, the Network works with your dialysis facility to track and report patient access to treat and publish the status of facility operations (open/closed/altered schedule). The Network works with federal, state, and local government agencies as needed to assist with patient safety and ensure dialysis facilities are prioritized to be open.
Emergency Preparedness Resources
View the Emergency Updates page for your Network to see the operational status of facilities during a potential emergency.
Resources for Healthcare Providers
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us:
Resources for Patients
Emergencies caused by severe weather or disasters can happen with or without warning. If you need dialysis, having power and water, transportation, or supplies will be crucial. Some emergency situations may make it impossible for you to get to your dialysis facility or give yourself dialysis. It is important to be prepared so you can feel better and stay healthy.
- General Patient Preparedness: Tips
- Preparing for Emergencies for People on Dialysis Guide: English|Spanish
- KCER 3-Day Emergency Diet Plan: English|Spanish
- KCER Patient Emergency ID: Template
- Emergency Disconnect Procedure for In-Center Hemodialysis Patients: Handout
- NEW! - Emergency Transportation Options for Dialysis Patients Handout: Network 1|Network 2|Network 6|Network 9
- ESRD NCC - Preparing for Hurricane Season During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Recording|Slides
General Severe Weather
- CDC's Natural Disasters and Severe Weather: Link
Hurricanes & Flooding
- NEW! - National Hurricane Preparedness 2020: English|Spanish
- Preparedness and Safety for Hurricanes and Flooding: Guide
- FEMA - How to Prepare for a Hurricane: Guide
- Ready.gov Disasters and Emergencies: Floods
- Ready.gov Disasters and Emergencies: Hurricanes
- American Kidney Fund (AKF)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Kidney Foundation (NKF)
- Kidney Emergency Response Coalition (KCER)
- Veterans Disaster Relief Hotline
- Baxter Renal Care
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Hotline