Date: Thursday, February 14, 2019
Time: 1:30 pm to 3 pm ET
Registration Link: Register for Medicare Learning Network events.
About the Event: CMS implemented new opioid policies for Medicare drug plans effective January 1. The new policies include:
- Improved safety alerts when patients fill opioid prescriptions at the pharmacy
- Drug management programs for patients at-risk for misuse or abuse of opioids or other drugs
During this call, CMS experts discuss the new policies and answer questions.
Prior to the call, participants should review the following materials:
- Training materials, including slide decks and tip sheets for prescribers, pharmacists, and patients
- A Prescriber’s Guide to the New Medicare Part D Opioid Overutilization Policies for 2019 MLN Matters Article
- Reducing Opioid Misuse webpage for more information on the CMS strategy
Target Audience: Physicians; physician assistants; nurses; nurse practitioners; dentists and other prescribers; case managers; and other interested stakeholders.