NHSN will present four training sessions in March, all at 3-4pm EST. Join any of the four by telephone only at 303.248.0285, Access Code 6393927. To join via computer (including audio):
- Introduction to the NHSN Dialysis Event Surveillance Protocol: NHSN Dialysis Event Surveillance reporting is required for the CMS ESRD QIP. Complete introduction to the NHSN Dialysis Event reporting requirements and surveillance definitions necessary to complete accurate monthly reporting. Both sessions will be held 3-4pm EST.
o March 5, 2019 – pre-register and attend at https://cc.readytalk.com/r/nv7i0guhmafn&eom.
o Repeated March 6, 2019 – pre-register and attend at https://cc.readytalk.com/r/is7rdbd8gnym&eom.
- Advanced NHSN Dialysis Event Surveillance Reporting and Introduction to NHSN Reports: Applying NHSN Dialysis Event Surveillance definitions via case studies that address common reporting questions. Includes introduction to running and interpreting popular NHSN reports to review your facility’s data, including BSI rates. Both sessions will be held 3-4pm EST.
o March 12, 2019 – pre-register and attend at https://cc.readytalk.com/r/avggcki49p0g&eom.
o Repeated March 13, 2019 – pre-register and attend at https://cc.readytalk.com/r/yzbfurn4zfm2&eom.
Your facility’s Master Account Holder (MAH) Password and User Accounts on DialysisData.org must be re-established in order to retrieve your facility’s DFR and December 2018 QDFC preview file. On December 13, 2018 all MAH passwords were reset and user accounts for https://www.DialysisData.org disabled. Networks are providing new passwords to facility MAHs. Facility MAHs must log in to their master account to re-enable or add facility user accounts and grant permissions prior to the start of the February 1, 2019 QDFC/QDFR Preview Period. MAHs must create a separate user account to be able to view DFRs and QDFC data, as their MAH account only manages user accounts and cannot view data.
Download the Detailed Timeline for 2019 QDFC Reports, Quarterly Updates of the FY2019 QDFR for State Surveyors Report, and FY2020 DFRs, State and Region Profiles – https://dialysisdata.org/sites/default/files/content/FAQs/Timeline_100918.pdf.
An FAQ page is available on https://www.DialysisData.org, accessible without logging in. Facilities having difficulty logging in or that have other questions may use the “Contact Us” form at https://www.DialysisData.org or call 855-764-2885 M-F, 7am-1pm PST.
It is the MAH’s responsibility to update user contact information (including their own), transfer MAH credentials within the facility appropriately, review and enable existing user accounts, and set user-specific permissions. If MAH credentials are passed on within your facility to a new MAH, please notify your Network and update the contact information on https://www.DialysisData.org to reflect a new contact person for the MAH.
CROWNWeb has announced that their next New User Training session will be held on December 11, 2018. Find details and register at http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_lems/dec-2018-crownweb-new-user-training/.
The December 2018 CROWNWeb Newsletter is also available, at http://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/December_2018_Newsletter_V1.7-508.pdf. This issues includes articles on:
- The schedule for release of the PY2019 QIP reports and certificates:
- A Clinical FAQ on Post-Weight Dialysis Assessment date.
- Scheduled CROWNWeb Clinical Closure Dates; note that your Network may require earlier data entry in some situations.
Announcement of a December 20, 2018 CROWNWeb Town Hall on 2018: A Retrospective Review. See http://mycrownweb.org/pcw_community_events/crownweb-town-hall-2018-a-retrospective-review/ for details and registration.
The Dialysis Data website is used to perform the following activities:
- Updating Master Account Holder (MAH) information (use facility CCN as username and MAH password for log in).
- Adding/editing users and granting permissions (use facility CCN as username and MAH password for log in).
- Accessing Dialysis Facility Report (DFR) and Quarterly Dialysis Facility Compare Report (QDFC) (use individual user email address as username and the password established by the individual user for log in).
To access Dialysis Facility Reports and Quarterly Dialysis Facility Compare Reports, visit www.dialysisdata.org. Click here for help logging in.
CMS established the ESRD Quality Incentive Program (QIP) as part of its ongoing efforts to improve the quality of dialysis care provided to ESRD patients.
Annual Dialysis Facility Reports (DFRs) and Quarterly Dialysis Facility Compare (QDFC) Reports are made available to facilities, State Survey Agencies, and Regional Offices online at dialysisdata.org. Only authorized users can access the reports.
Facilities can use the DFR and QDFC reports to assist in their quality improvement efforts; state surveyors use the DFR data when deciding which facilities to survey. Facilities are given a chance to preview and comment on these reports. The quality measures from the reports are posted on the Dialysis Facility Compare website, which is used by patients to review and compare characteristics and quality information on approximately 6,500 dialysis facilities in the United States.
Dialysis facility staff are encouraged to review the facility’s data reports on a regular basis. For information on how to access these reports, visit the IPRO ESRD Network Program help portal.