Flood warnings caused by excess rain fall have been issued in Northern Ohio, including Cleveland until 11AM on Thursday, August 24, 2023. To view road closures in your area, please visit OHgo for more information.
**If you believe your access to care may become impacted by flooding, please contact your dialysis facility directly**
Flood Safety Tips and Resources:
- National Weather Service: Website
- Ready.gov Disasters and Emergencies: Floods
- American Red Cross: Resource
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Flood Safety Tips: English|Spanish
- How to Safely Pump Out Your Basement: Resource
Air quality alerts have been issued in Ohio on Wednesday, June 7, 2023. Those with heart or lung conditions, older adults and children are being asked to take precautions to reduce exposure.
- AirNow – Monitor air quality and steps to protect your health.
- CDC – Understand how to protect yourself from wildfire smoke and air pollution.
A strong storm system moving through Ohio Monday, February 27, 2023 is producing strong storms, with damaging winds being the greatest threat. Isolated tornadoes and hail are also possible. The timeline of severe weather will primarily be from 3PM to 6PM.
Additional information can be found through the National Weather Service at www.weather.gov, (upper left of page to see your area forecast by zip code), The Weather Channel at www.weather.com, or AccuWeather at www.accuweather.com.
A strong arctic high-pressure system is expected to bring freezing conditions across the country. The cold air will allow for a winter storm to develop, bringing significant impacts to the central and eastern US states, which could affect travel. Power outages are also a concern, as winds could gust as high as 60 mph in some regions.
** If you are a patient, and believe this event will negatively impact access to care, please contact your local dialysis facility to understand treatment availability.**
Winter Weather/Extreme Cold Resources
- Snowstorm Health – Tips for People on Dialysis: Handout
- Ready.gov Disasters and Emergencies: Snowstorms
- CDC – Be Prepared to Stay Safe and Healthy in Winter: English|Spanish
- CDC – Extreme Cold: A Prevention Guide to Promote Your Personal Health and Safety: Website
***There is no emergency. This message is to notify you that Open Beta test is now complete. Please fill out a survey at https://redcap.ipro.org/surveys/?s=MYYRYLAN9Y8EPXRX, Thank you. There is no emergency.***