DID YOU KNOW?
Each year, kidney disease kills more people than breast or prostate cancer.*
Help raise awareness of chronic kidney disease.
Wear ORANGE on March 14th!
March is National Kidney Month! CMS and the ESRD Program invite you to be a part of a national campaign focusing on kidney health. To show your support, consider one of the following activities on March 14th (World Kidney Day):
- Wear an orange shirt, pants, dress, shoes, hair, etc. (be creative)
- Take a selfie or have someone take a picture of you in your orange gear
- Share information on your Twitter account about why all Americans should ask their doctors for a kidney checkup; Use #NationalKidneyMonth #Medicare
- Post your picture and short statement to your Facebook page; Make your post public and use #NationalKidneyMonth #Medicare
- Have fun with your posts
March is National Kidney Month, and its second Thursday – March 14 in 2019 – celebrates World Kidney Day. This year’s theme is Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere. Sources for more information and display materials include:
- World Kidney Day – https://www.worldkidneyday.org/
- NIDDK – https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/communication-programs/nkdep/get-involved/national-kidney-month
- NKDEP – https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/communication-programs/nkdep
- NKF – https://www.kidney.org/news/monthly/Focus_KidneyMonth
- PKD Foundation’s Four Challenges – https://connect.pkdcure.org/pkdchallenge2019/