NHSN’s stated purposes have been recently updated with new provisions for sharing data with local and territorial health departments and with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). As a result all newly enrolled facilities must accept the Agreement to Participate and Consent upon enrollment, and all currently participating facilities must accept or “re-consent” to the Agreement.
- Currently enrolled facilities are required to accept the new Agreement to Participate and Consent electronically by June 15, 2018.
- If a facility fails to re-consent by the deadline, its NHSN functionality will be suspended until the consent form is accepted.
- Newly enrolled facilities must consent within 60 days of enrolling in NHSN.
- After submitting enrollment forms, the person(s) listed as the Dialysis Component Primary Contact and the Healthcare Personnel Primary Contact must log in to the enrolled facility in NHSN.
- On the Dialysis component homepage, the primary contact should review the electronic consent form and then check the ‘Accept’ box and click ‘Submit’.
- For more information contact NHSN@cdc.gov with “consent form” in the subject line or visit https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/about-nhsn/faq-agreement-to-participate.html.